Let’s get something out of the way – no, I will not be shopping on Thanksgiving, and no, I will not be in line at 5am on Black Friday for the early bird sales (which only a handful of people get anyway). But, I do plan to venture out later in the day on Friday - and when I do, here are some of my favorite sales.
1) Express: 50% off the entire store (online and in-store) until noon Friday.
2) Old Navy: 50% off everything in-store (this one starts at 7pm on Thanksgiving and runs all day Friday).
3) Walmart: They’ve got a “1 hour Guarantee” that you can still get the sale price on your item even if it isn’t in stock. The catch is you have to be there at certain times (6pm or 8pm Thanksgiving night, or 8am Friday morning). While I’ll be skipping this one, the deals are good so I had to include it. For a full list of deals and times, visit news.walmart.com.
- Apple iPad Mini for $199 ($299 + $100 Walmart gift card)
- 32″ LCD TV for $98
- iPhone 5c for $45 + you get a $75 Walmart gift card, which means they PAY you to take the phone
- Vizio 60″ Smart LCD TV for $688
4) Amazon.com: They’ve got deals going on every 10 minutes throughout the entire week. Check Amazon Black Friday for details.
5) Saks Off Fifth: 40-50% off entire purchase (for an avg of 70% off retail price) in-store and online. Free shipping of online purchases using FREESHIP. All denim is buy one get one free. Extra 50% off outerwear.
6) Best Buy: This is your spot for lots of deals on computers, TV’s and other electronics. Check out their “Deal of the Day” page to get an early jump on the savings.
7) H&M: Although the pickings might be slim by the time I get there, still worth checking out (they open at 5am). Dresses and sweaters from $5, plus other markdowns as well.
Share on Facebook