My two favorite flavors around the holidays are pumpkin and gingerbread – seriously, I can’t get enough. This year, I was determined to find a way to enjoy both at once, and I decided to literally just put them together and make pumpkin gingerbread. It’s great as a full size loaf or as mini loaves, which happen to make perfect budget-friendly gifts or holiday party favors. Recipe after the photos!
(makes one 9×5 inch loaf or 6-8 mini loaves)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup water
1/2 cup coconut oil (melted)
1/2 can pumpkin puree
2 teaspoons ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
Dash of salt
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Lightly grease one 9×5 inch loaf pan or mini loaf pan.
2. In mixing bowl, combine sugar, eggs, water, and melted coconut oil. Mix until smooth.
3. Add pumpkin, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powered, and salt.
5. Slowly fold flour mixture into pumping mixture and blend until smooth.
6. Bake about 1 hour (until inserted toothpick comes out clean).