If you’re like my husband, you wait until the last minute to buy gifts. Me, I’m an uber planner. Nothing wrong with either approach, but since Mother’s Day is 3 days away and the majority of people haven’t gotten a gift yet, I thought I’d help you out.
Keep in mind you don’t have to spend a fortune to show mom how much you love her. Here are a few of my favs:
1) Photo Coaster Set: This one tugs at those heart strings – get it from Michaels for around $10 and add your own photos.
2) Magazines: Get mom her favorite magazine all while getting $5 off using this link at Magazines.com
3) Lunch or Dinner: What’s better than taking mom out to eat? Taking mom out to eat for FREE! Many local restaurants treat mom for free on Mother’s Day, so check your local paper for promotions. Hooters is feeding moms for free this Mother’s Day, but just DON’T do it. Seriously.
4) Flowers: Now before you jump to conclusions that I’m not being very creative, hear me out. Cut flowers are nice but don’t last very long. I suggest grabbing a flowering perennial from your local garden shop and remind mom how much you love her year after year. See how I redeemed myself there?
5) Brown Sugar Scrub: This one’s for all you DIYers out there. Pamper mom with homemade brown sugar scrub. Get the simple recipe here.
Share on Facebook